The Kucuk Hasan Pasha Mosque is the oldest Ottoman building in Crete.
Located in the old Venetian Harbor of Chania, it was built in 1645 on the grounds of a former church. Because of its situation – close to where ships loaded and unloaded their cargo – it became known as Yali Mosque (Waterfront Mosque) or Hamal Mosque (the Mosque of the Heavers).
It functioned as a mosque until 1923 and the minaret was destroyed in 1939. Nowadays, the space is used for art exhibitions.