Each week, Dr. B from Buddha Walks into a Wine Bar selects a single theme to point our cameras at or to encourage us to display a few photos from our collections. I certainly don’t present myself as a photographer but I’m happy to root through my photos and select the most passable!!!
This week’s challenge (suggested by yours truly!) focuses on the four classical Greek elements – Air, Earth, Water, Fire.
There are lots of options with 2 or 3 combined: (but I’ve nothing with all 4)
Images coming from Sydney remind us of the destructive powers of the elements…
Sand Storm, Dubai (Earth)
We can represent the elements through everyday images…
and especially through art…..
Fire (Braga, Portugal)
Earth (Fallen Tree Sculpture – Tuileries Garden, Paris)
Air – Even more cryptic than the one above!!!! This is Thus Daedalus Flew (Dublin) – Daedalus made wings from feathers and wax so that he and his son Icarus could flee Crete..
Finally – one (sad) representation of all four elements….
This beautiful piece in Dublin – the Tree of Life – includes animals of the sea, earth and air. And FIRE? Some yob went at it with accelerant and a match last summer – you can still see traces of the fire damage although the sculptor managed to repair most of it…
If you would like to join Dr B in #challengeyourcamera then here’s what to do:
1.Follow Dr B (link above) to discover the chosen weekly theme.
2. Select or take a few photos related to the week’s theme
3. Post your own photos that week, on any day you like.
4. Include a caption with each photo so we all know what/where it is
5. Include a ping back/link to Dr B’s blog in your post so that he’s notified, can follow you back and can appreciate and comment on your choices.
1. Dr. B will follow you back.
2. He will encourage other posters to follow you.
3. He will list each blogger in my weekly post.
It’ll be fun, why not join in?