1. DON’T sample ANY of the hundreds of Belgian beers (especially when sitting outside on one of the city’s many squares!)
2. DON’T try the waffles – not even the ‘healthy option’ with banana!
3. DON’T taste ANY chocolate!
4. DON’T savour the infamous Belgian frites … especially with creamy mayonnaise!
5. DON’T sit and watch as your cup of hot milk morphs into a sinful delight of hot chocolate!
6. DON’T choose from the cake displays!
7. DON’T indulge in those rich Flemish stews!
8. DON’T persuade yourself that a champagne breakfast will keep you away from all of the above for the rest of the day!!!!
GOOD LUCK WITH ALL THAT!!!
I’m dedicating this post to my travel companion, and partner in crime, Paula. While she charmingly reckoned on our flight home that we’d consumed our body weight in junk over the weekend, I feel honour bound to point out that I did at least make an effort – the waffle with the banana hiding underneath the mountain of cream is actually mine and not hers!!!
- Beer – everywhere!
- Waffles -everywhere!
- Chocolate – EVERYWHERE!
- Frites – everywhere!
- Hot Chocolate – de Proeverie Tea Room
- Cakes – everywhere!
- Dinner – La Dentelliere
- Champagne Breakfast – Tearoom Carpe Diem